October 8, 2011

[Used] Rust Linen


Cloth Type: 100% Linen
Yardage: 4 yards at 59" wide
Source: Fabric-Store.com
Description: A medium weight cloth, more red-orange than true orange.

Update: This fabric was used for a fitted kirtle that is currently in progress.

At one time, I considered using this for my Garb Quest, but then realized after doing a test linen dress that 4 yards would not be enough.

The color of this linen is very similar to a linen-look dress I already have, but that dress uses a non-period pattern.  That makes it hard to really decide what the best use for this particular fabric is.

Since there's only 4 yards, which is barely enough to get a kirtle out of (using the methods I currently use), I'm pretty limited in what this can actually be used for.  I've been looking at non-dress items that linen might be suitable for, but so far, nothing is catching my eye.  One of these days, I'll be making a 15th century outfit for my husband, and it might be useful then- perhaps for a pair of hose or a chaperone.

No comments:

Post a Comment